The Delivery of Legal Services Committee:
- encourages and promotes access to legal representation and services by persons who are unable to access the legal system because of the lack or financial resources or other barriers beyond their control;
- promotes the establishment and efficient maintenance of programs which encourage and aid the furnishing of pro bono legal services by members of the Association;
- assists members and organizations who furnish legal services to low-income and disadvantaged persons and to organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code which cannot reasonably afford legal services;
- recognizes members who furnish pro bono legal services;
- and takes such other actions as will aid the Association and its members in their obligation to further pro bono legal services.
DCBA Legal Assistance Programs
The DLSC maintains and supports three legal assistance programs, the Family Law Assistance Center, the Small Claims Assistance Center and the Veterans Law Center. We utilize the help of volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and law students to help us keep these programs going. All of the programs are now being offered via Zoom. For an appointment to obtain legal assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-618-2970. To volunteer with one of these programs please contact Jennifer Binkley at email@example.com.
Pro Bono Road Show
The DLSC organizes presentations at law firms and other venues to recruit new pro bono attorneys and provide information to those attorneys and firms interested in pro bono efforts. For more information in getting involved or having the Road Show make a stop at your firm please contact Jennifer Binkley.
Pro Bono Awards
At the annual Pro Bono Breakfast, the Dane County Bar Association presents awards for outstanding pro bono work. Click here to see previous award winners.
Low Cost and Free Legal Resources in Dane County
Interested in joining the Delivery of Legal Services Committee?
- Phone: N/A
Ms. Meghan Roed
- Phone: N/A